- How many years have you been in the business?
- How many homes have you sold in this immediate neighborhood?
- What is your commission rate?
- What if I sell the home myself while you have the listing?
- What is your ratio of sales price to listed price?
- What is the average number of days your listings are on the market before selling?
- What is the minimum length of your listing agreement?
- What, if anything, will you charge me if I decide to drop you during the listing agreement period?
- Would you please show me a written copy of your marketing plan?
- Could I have a copy of your standard purchase agreement?
- Does my home need any repairs or changes to make it more attractive to buyers?
- At what price would you market my home?
- How did you arrive at that sales price?
- What professional designations have you earned?
- Do you have any references I can check with before signing up?
"If your prospective Realtor is a true professional, he or she should have no problem responding to each of these questions in an open and honest way," says
Dick Plumb, a respected Sarasota real estate professional with many years of experience.